Saturday, June 2, 2018

Camino Del Norte - Day 16 - Comillas to Columbres - 29K/ 18 miles

TODAYS PICS

Today was a lovely, perfect day. Long distance, challenging hills and finally good scenery - ocean and countryside.

The forecast was for rain, but it held off the entire walk and the sun shone thru for the second hal, heating up the climbs, even though only in the 60s.

Was a lovely morning walk out of the small town, and many motorcycle cops passed me and a few ambulances and I thought it was some dignitary ill. But later while on a small road near a golf course, a cop stopped and started yelling at me. I thought I had taken the wrong turn, but he was telling me to move to the other side of the road. I did so and about a minute later 200 cyclists in a pack zoomed by me, There was a 10,000 rider race today. It took me by shock and most of the early packs of racers were by before I thought to get my camera out.

I took a video, but with the internet being poor, this will take some time as will uploading all pics. Likely tomorrow. Hopefully the internet is better tomorrow. See if you can find the lady walking her parrot - you it is in there!

The rest of the day was challenging climbs thru countryside, and

how nice to end a day with the last mile being all up...NOT,

Buen Camino!

No comments :