Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Camino Primitivo - Day 2(20) - San Juan to Bodenaya - 25k - 15 miles

Last night was good fun. Met many pilgrims and hung out through the afternoon and evening drinking beer and sharing jokes and stories.

Since rain was forecast later in day, I wanted to leave early again and planned to leave at 6:00am. The sun rises over mountains about 7:00, with it getting more light about 6:30. BUt someone in the alburgue turned on the lights at 3:30am and woke me up. I was very annoyed and had many bad pilgrim thoughts, even making up stories about who did it and why. In the morning a Swedish lady shared that the switch was by her bed and she thinks she kicked it on. And all those stories vanished and I realized how unimportant it is.

It took me a long time to go back to sleep, and when I did, I slept so soundly that I did not even wake up til after 6:30, and everyone was already up and out of the room and I heard nothing. I became a bit frantic, and tried to rush through packing, and kept losing and finding important things - like my earplugs!!

I was out before 7:00 and it was lovely and  and again I got to watch the sun come up. It was a lovely and challenging day with big hills from the start. Later in the morning it began to rain, but not much.

No comments :