Monday, May 28, 2018

Camino Del Norte - Day 11 - Castro-Urdiales to Laredo - 28k

TODAYS PICS

TODAYS VIDEO:

With ten days under my belt, I have been feeling good the last few days walking and wanted to see how far I could push the mileage, especially as the Primitive path is coming up soon and has longer, harder days.

Today was again a great walking day with temperatures in the 60's and overcast. It has been rainy the last few afternoons/ nights, so the off-road tracks were pretty muddy and I stayed on the road for a couple shortcuts, but still racked up my longest day yet. I felt tired, but good at the end and no bonking!

There was a nice Eucalyptus forest, that I imagine on hot days is a way cool experience. I still find the transitions along the coast strange. Yesterday there was a huge factory on a gorgeous ocean-front cliff. Today I walked through large cities on the ocean, farmland, and untouched nature. The sad part of today was the major highway that paralleled closely, so even when the views were awesome, the sound pollution was horrible.

Later ended up in ocean-front city of Laredo, where one of the coolest things was the patterned etched into the sidewalks that gave the impression that they were not flat; so cool, unless drunk, I guess.

I also had a wee bit of bad luck as my phone died about 3 blocks from my hotel, and I was not really sure of the address or name - thank goodness for a friend that gave me a recharger/ flashlight for Christmas which was on the trip!

BUen Camino!






No comments :