Sunday, June 4, 2023

Day 12 Cam del Norte Guemas to Playa San Juan

 Today's pics




You need to add an hour and two miles to my walk as I forgot to turn on until an hour into the day


I didn't expect to do another long day... but did well and though tired had no mishaps like two days ago. 


I just agreed to walk with a south African woman along the coast to the place im staying and did not think it was going to be so far. 

But it does prove that I'm definitely stronger. 




Lovely night last night in an alburgue that converted his great grandparents family house (with cows living on first floor and people above - not uncommon in Europe in  19/ early 20 century). 

Today's walk was meant to be short and then chill on the beach...oops. so instead of walking to hotel,  I took the long way along the coast.... the really long way. 


Was so glad to finally arrive at another beautiful place... this time another lill apartment on the ocean. 

This Sunday morning started with a sublime walk on the coast,  reminding me that the most beautiful cathedrals are really the natural ones. It really reminded me to slow down,  enjoy the wonder,  and why I love the caminos.  I just had to stop while listening to chill music and fully feel the Gratitude. 


While sitting on top of the mountain just chilling this Pilgrim came by that I've been hearing about who's got a little wagon and a dog and he's walking the whole way to Santiago with both and the wagon is so when the dog gets tired he puts him in it. You definitely want to check out that picture.

Followed by a ferry to santander.  From there just a short walk to my hotel.... that changed when a new friend,  Jessie suggested we walk the coast some more. 


Tired but strong. 


Buen camino

No comments :