Thursday, June 15, 2023

Day 23 Camino Primitivo (D3) Porciles to Campiello

 Pictures


Today was like the take of two cities,  it was the best of times,  it was the worst of times.



While it was an incredibly beautiful walk,  I got some upsetting news just as I started the day.  And I realize now that a long beautiful walk can be incredible therapy. 


“Perhaps/ The truth depends on a walk around the lake,”

Wallace Stevens


As I began the day I was angry and frustrated to the point that I walked up a huge climb and did not even realize it until I was at the top wiping sweat from my brow.  I guess the anger fueled my steps and kept me distracted. 

But at the same time this allowed me to work of some of this energy and also to remember lessons or metaphors for the walk.... when going down,  slow down,  play attention to each step to avoid causing injury. 


These words ran thru my head as I leapt forward with multiple thoughts of action. 

Later in noticing the beauty around me,  the anger dissipated into incredible sadness and grief. Tears flowed easily from my sense of loss. The continuing astounding beauty and quiet of the walk, allowed me to move into a place of peace and leave the negative self talk.

It was from this place that I was able to find grounding again and discern some actions that I think I must take when I return home. 


All of this was aided by support and love I have at home,  allowing me to continue the walk and leave much of the stress and distress behind. ❤️❤️❤️


Today was one of the most beatific days I've had here. A challenging but beautiful day. I was able to share some of this story with fellow peregrino, which also helped the processing and to be present for the walk. 


One cool question arise from the pic below, is that the ocean that appears in background? It seems so because of perfect horizontal line,  while seeming weird because it appears as though it is above the mountains....🤔

Most curious...




While not totally at peace,  I am glad for the walk,  the support at home and my fellow pilgrims. 


Tomorrow is the BIG DAY of this Camino,  17 mile hike over a mountain. 


Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it's the quiet voice at end of day that says I will try again tomorrow. 

No comments :