Saturday, June 3, 2023

Day 11 cam Del Norte Santona to Guemas

 Today's pics




Today was a good rest day... with just 13+ miles


Funny to think 13 miles is a rest,  but so is the life of the pilgrim after more than a week of hiking.  Few climbs and done by 3 with nice rests by a river and in a few bars. 

My foot/ ankle was tight and sensitive at the start,  but after an hour of walking it warned up with no pain.  It's still sensitive to stretching so tomorrow I'm in a big town and will look for ankle supports. 


Mostly on roads with mixed scenery, but I did skip a beautiful walk over a beach cliff,  to allow my ankles a break. 

I am in a famous Albergue in guemas, that all pilgrims talk about,  "You MUST stay in guemas." I realized when I rounded the corner that I stayed here before.  Everything is given to us,  bed,  breakfast and dinner for a donation... your choice.  A lovely place designed to meet all the needs of a pilgrim in a beautiful setting and buildings.  They have a capacity of 88, but it is not crowded. 


So now I go to read and relax. 


Buen camino!



No comments :