Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Day 22 Camino Primitivo (D2) Samarciellu to Porciles

 Pics



Yesterday's alburgue was an ecological alburgue and provided a vegan dinner which was exceptional.  Breakfast was a fully stocked kitchen that we could choose what we want. 

Today was another great trail walk. One of the nicest things is when you're in the forest and all you hear are sounds of nature there are no sounds of civilization. I recorded a video today to kind of share some of that. I often try to stop and just really enjoy the remoteness and nature. It's really hard in my own life to get away from the pollution of civilization more than noise than anything else.

It took some interesting pictures today wanted a cafe with the saucer that was designed to look like the coffee had already spilled, some Wildlife along the trail and some crazy home decorations.

Speaking of noise pollution yesterday I bought a packet of mints like a container of tic tac sort of and put it in my pocket they're quite nice to have when you're walking or climbing it kind of helps your thirst and I don't know but with every step it was like having a rattle in my pocket it was driving me crazy so I had to put them in my bag and of course today I wanted one LOL


I woke early at 6 and made a lot of coffee in the Italian percolator,  I think they are called military. It is really strong coffeeso I added a lill water and honey. Yesterday I made one at end of day and added salt.. not a good move. 


A lighter day but still with significant climbs.  I met a new pilgrim who is British but with Spanish family, Ed and we walked into last big town before my stopping point right around noon. He asked if it would be okay to walk together into town after I said I wanted to stop at a supermarket and grab some lunch. It's quite common to ask other pilgrims if they mind walking with you cuz some people want to walk alone.. 


So we walked into town did a little bit of snack shopping and I told him about the alburgue I was planning on going to that it had been highly recommended so he decided he was going to stop there too about 3 km before he had planned to stop. We found a nice bar got a pincho and a young Austrian walked up that he had met and joined us as well. Philip


Phillip had walked 34 or 36 km yesterday which is about 22 miles and planned on doing something similar today. He didn't realize that the big mountain pass called Hospitale is coming in 2 days and if he walked that far it would mean he would have a really short walk tomorrow or you have to walk over 40+ km which is getting closer to 25 to 28 miles, so he also decided to join us.


There was a pretty significant climb after lunch but it was really nice that it was on trails and mostly in Forest so it was shady but it was still an exhilarating climb what I call a heartbreaker luckily by now my heart is strong. When you walk with others it really does help you keep your pace and Phillip with definitely driving us on. So we arrived at the alburgue that the last night's hosts recommended 


We made a reservation close to the start of Hospitale for tomorrow and so will likely walk together for a bit.  


Tonight the alburgue is again donativo and will provide dinner and breakfast.  Such wonderful hosts providing beers and doing our laundry... all donation based.  It is such a great spirit here. And dinner smells great. 


Buen camino!

No comments :