Friday, May 23, 2014

Day 3: May 21: Moutier to Pontarlier

Today is Pierre,s last day with me, as he must return to work, so I begin to have fear of my speaking abilities and also how I will arrange accomodation, as Pierre,s phone has come in handy to secure this. I have no phone with me and we have seen no internet cafes and no places have provided this.. It is another long day, but the beginning of the journey is amazing as we follow the Rive Doubs to its source - it is a tough walk, but one full of beauty and surprise. Once out of the gourge, we travel ot Pntalier, and I barely make it - exhausted physically and mentally as I know I know proceed alone. >The voices inside are strong and severe, telling me to get on the train with Pierre and return to Paris. It is amusing what I can tell myself. At moments I catch a breath and the voices stop and I am present in the moment, but today we move fast to catch Pierre,s train and this is unwise for the beginning as My body is not strong enough and the worst thing one can do is injusre oneself early. But as is said, THE WAY ALWAYS PROVIDES. As I leave Pierre in the train station, I find a room in a local hostile, my roommate is another pilgrim, but on the way to Santiago  and he inadvertently reminds me that the pilgrimage is about being present, about relaxing into what is happening and about trust, He does not know this, but Fritz has given me courage when I really need it. Buen Camino Fritz!



No comments :