Sunday, May 25, 2014

Day 7: Sun May 25 - Gouman les Joux - Lausanne (26km - 16 miles - 106 total miles)

After a wonderful evening Sandy dropped me off for my day,s walk. Since I return to Sandy,y home this evening, I take just a few things in a much lighter pack, which one would think would be a good thing. But I find myself through out the day uncomfortable with a different load and missing something. Perhaps like life any change is hard, even when it lightens our load, we still resist.

Mostly easy pathways with well marked trails. Ending up at the cathedral of lausanne. Still no pilgrims on the way and I am not finding the internal quiet and meditation that i found so wonderful on the camino santiago. But today I walked in view of the alps all day - knowing that this time next week I have my most pressing physical challenge - croosing St bernard Pass, which evidently only opened this or last week.

The last few miles into lausanne were unpleasant as are most walking trips into larger cities.  But the cathedral was worth it!


The day ended with a lovely and playful dinner with sandy and her delightful children; Robin and Lucy, the Giraffe. I m so happy to have reconnected with her and met her family. Thank you so much for the kindness and laughs. NEXT TIME WE JUGGLE!!!!


No comments :