Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Journey of a thousand miles begins with just one step....Guess it'll be the same for only 800...

Five years ago I had one of the best adventures of my life - literally walking across the entire country of Spain on the CAMINO SANTIAGO - an ancient pilgrimage that some believed followed the Milky Way to the end of the world (Finistere).

In just under a week, I begin a new adventure on another pilgrimage, the VIA FRANCIGENA - a 1200 mile walk from London to Rome. Unfortunately, I do not have enough time for this, so I am walking the second half - 770 miles from Besancon France - thru the Swiss Alps and onto Rome.


Why am I doing this? I think life calls us to adventure, but this call is drowned out by our responsibilities and modern convenience. To the degree that we now watch others (TV, YouTube, Facebook) instead of having our own adventures. And I think this comes at a price.

I begin this Monday, May 19 and plan to walk into Rome on July 4. I do not know how often, I will have internet access, but plan to document my journey here on this blog as I am able.

So join me if you like, but maybe more importantly find a way to STEP OUTSIDE YOUR LIFE.

Buen Camino!

1 comment :

Kerri said...

yay, michael! have a great trip. can't wait to read all about it, and hear all about it upon your return (at our secret spot!)