Friday, June 20, 2014

DAY 32: Massa - Pilgrim Vacation

Best day yet. I took train from Sarzanna to Massa in early morning, found tourist office (ALWAYS A PAIN). Found internet for quick updates with pics and blòog, found a room in lovely church with lovely franciscan monk, Eugenio, and loaded a lighter day pack to go to the beach.

About a 3 mile walk...nothing for me now, I found the beach. In Italy most beaches are private and are sort of like country clubs. The club I found costs $1500 per season, but being it was Thursday was not crowded and they rented me a primo spot for $13. There was a nice restaurant, and I got a chair, umbrella, beach bed...it was fabulous day off.

A nice light salad with white whine (I am becoming italian I think...call me mik-el-eee), I napped, read (a book I found in the last Ostello, and had the best time. In fact I almost cried when I had to leave...it was so nice. Making me think I will need a vacation from my vacation. At dinner I sat next to some Americans, but never let on I was one....after all, now I am Mik-el-eee.

And I so want this paddle boat with slide for my lakehouse that I saw here

No comments :