Friday, June 20, 2014

DAY 33 - June 20: Massa - Camaiore(25km - 15 miles - 460 Total)

Todays walk was GORGEOUS again, leaving Massa with a street lined with Orange Trees, I thought of grabbing one, but was not sure the etiquette. I left early and had to climb into the mountains, and so had some amazing views of the sea. Early on a came across a WITCH bar, then later had to absolve myself to use a pilgrim toilet.....a hedgerow! After this I thought maybe Sigrid had cursed me, given her earlier episode. Not sure where she is, but thought these were all omens for running into her. Morning walking is good, afternoon, it gets tough as the heast kicks in. I am a lil worried once I leave the mountains again.

Today I thought of my father alot, the first was when a truck passed me by with a loud speaker on top announcing, "Pesce" (fish) as it drove thru neighborhoods; and later a mailman drove up on a scooter while I was at a cafe. Miss you Pops!

Camiore is a lovely village, of about 30,000 -  just about the right size in my mind...lots of restaurants, shops and cafes to feed me and not so much that it makes it hard to get into or out of town. And right now I am in the library, so I get internet too.

Tomorrow another long day into Lucca, a much bigger town, so am hoping to upload recent pics.

Oh I also invented a new Italian word...Benella  - for something that is good (bene) and beautiful (bella). I like it and these Italians better give me credit...YESTERDAY was definitely a BENELLA DAY.

Pictures soon....CIAO!

No comments :