Friday, June 3, 2016

DAY 0.1: June 3 Le Puy to Le Puy

I knew when I went to bed that breakfast was at 8, so when I awoke at 5; I went back to sleep for just
a few minutes until 9:45...OOOPS! I went downstairs in the now very quiet hotel, and the amazing Hotelier, Amir made me breakfast and a HUGE cup of Coffee - He is now my hero!!!

He also informed me of many things, one being I could not catch the bus to St Alban - my intended meeting spot today with my perregrin (pilgrim) buddy, Sigreid, as it leaves early in morning and one needs a reservation -- oops!

So the up side is I get a day in LePuy which I had planned anyway, thinking I would arrive about 1pm the day before not at 10:30pm. So today was a lovely day in LePuy visiting the Cathedral and Rocher St. Michel - which was sort of like climbing the stairs to my hotel room about 4 or 5 times. And it seems fitting, to start with my namesake saint's place in town.

At the top I lit a candle for a dear friend, Tanya undergoing bypass surgery today. Be well Tanya!

On the way down I also met another pilgrim who also happens to be a clown - but actually gets paid for it; Sandrine Hooge. Click on her name - she is the one with red hair! She was quite lovely and this is part of what I love about the voyage.

Finally I bumped into a Model T Ford on my way home - which of course makes me thing of home - that's a shout out to you pops!

So a relaxing day in town - still clocked about 4-5 miles, so maybe a good thing. And reservations for the bus at 7:15 tomorrow morning...NO OVERSLEEPING!!!

Bon nuit!

No comments :