Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Day 10: June 13: Grealou >> Cahors (40km)

TODAYS PICS

Awoke in the witch house to a meal of hard bread and coffee, not surprising. And then left for a morning walk through the rain. It was not especially difficult, though there were some difficult downs.

It is a bit disconnected to be here and know of the situation in Orlando - I suppose it was a bit like Paris for us - we saw it on the news but it was another land. Combining this with me being disconnected from media leaves me a bit hollow, but perhaps there is a lesson in this too, about how we are so manipulated and over-stimulated by the media. It is a struggle to feel connected and to continue....

The first cafe was in a larger town of Carjac, about 14 km away. Boy was I glad to see this sign...can you tell why?

When I arrived there and had a nice croissant and cappucino, I realized our endpoint was still over 20km away which would make for an especially difficult day.

So I awaited for Siggy to arrive and we decided to check out some local transport options and decided to take the bus to Cahors, one of the biggest cities along the way, and that would put me back on schedule to finish in Roncevalles Spain, the first city in Spain on June 29.

My wish has always been for this journey that my last day travel on this way, is the same as the first day travel on my first pilgrimmage.

So with about 30km by bus we arrived in the lovely city surrounded on three sides by a river and enjoyed another half-day vacation in the city.

Bon Nuit!

No comments :