Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Day 18: June 21: Eauze >> Nogaro (20 km)

TODAYS PICS

Funny, today's 12 miles should have been much easier than yesterdays 20, but I decided to go slow to NOT arrive too early in the ending point, which made me actually more tired.

Its funny but if I walk too slow, then I begin to feel tired. With a healthy pace, I feel energized. Of course today is also the first day without rain and the first day to climb out of the 70s - so this added some too.

The path was generally nice - forests and fields. The hills are getting smaller, so the walk is getting easier this way too. I should be in good shape to end in Spain as hoped.

I met a new Pilgrim, Arnold, who walked from his home in Geneva Switzerland and is walking all the way to Santiago...did I mention he's 74.

The downside is, I think I lost some more pilgrim friends, Dandelion has moved ahead and Siggy is behind and not likely we will meet again -- always the sad parts of a camino...

Ah so is life!

Bon Nuit!

No comments :