Thursday, June 23, 2016

Day 20: June 23: Aire sur L'adore >> Arzacq-Arraziguet (34 km)

JUST KEEP SWIMMING

PHOTOS

Another fricking long day, but only myself to blame...I was doing so good in the morning that I kept deciding to go one and ended up in a village 20 miles later.

Part of this is that there are poor services/ not much in many of the villages along the way, so I kept going from the first one at 18 to the next bar which only occured at 34 km.

This morning it was nice as it was foggy, so I walked fast and finished 18 km in about 3.5 hours; but was exhausted when I got into this town at 11:00. Since it was so early, I laid down in the shade for 30 minutes and recharged then walked on.

The sun kept getting hotter and the paths unshaded, so I took my umbrella and used it as a parasol - a french word by the way. This got quite a few looks, but worked for most of the way.

This worked until the last 3 km when I ran out of water and was beginning to dehydrate, so hitch hiked into town with a nice young lad, Sara.

No comments :