Thursday, June 23, 2016

Day 19: June 22: Nogaro >> Aire sur L'adore (33 km)


STOP & SMELL THE ROSES

PHOTOS

Another long day, though mostly flat lands, with a few smaller intermittent climbs. Knowing this I decided to leave early as also the temperature has gone from the 70's to 95 today and the same for tomorrow. Thus I started walking early with a strong stride. I had done about 12 of the 33 km when I realized all my energy and thoughts were focused on where I was going and when I would get there. In this moment I was in a lovely forest and reminded myself of the earlier thoughts along the way....THAT WHEN I CAN STOP THINKING ABOUT WHERE IM GOING, I CAN BETTER FOCUS ON WHERE I AM.

Interestingly as often happens in life, with new realizations come new gifts, as I exited the forest, I could see the snow-capped Pyrenees in the distance - which is my ending point.

Later in the day the route became flat but all open with no shade and this caused me to lose all energie on the last 4 miles and just drag my but into town.

After a lonely day in town, I found some pilgrims along the way - Jill from Austrailia and Vinny and Trish from America,



No comments :