Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Day 24: June 27: Aroue >> Lareceveau (22 km)

TODAYS PHOTOS:

This was an amazingly beautiful day and walk. My foot was a bit tender at first, but as it warmed up, the pain did not leave but did subside. Its weird - I am not really sure if the pain went away and I was just aware of a tight sensation; or if I have become used to pain, so that I sort of didnt recognize it at a lower level.

The hills and mountains were spectacular and there were good rests and bars along the way. I ended my day in a small village hotel, whose room was quite shabby; but the dinner was that of a top class restaurant - making me realize a difference in France....

FOOD COMES BEFORE DECOR.

I thought I would be eating alone, but i ran into two German friends - Mary Louise and Dorothe.

Tomorrow I am excited to walk to St Jean Pied de Port - the city where my first pilgrimmage begain in 2009.


No comments :