Sunday, June 26, 2016

Day 23: June 26: Navarrenx >> Aroue (18 km)

RECOVERY DAY -- I HOPE

Todays Pics

I have tendinitus - I have overworked the tendon on the front of my right foot and though it felt a little better when I awoke, it is stiff and a bit sore. Luckily, the next three days are all "LIGHT" days being 18, 20 and 22 km each. So I chose instead of taking a ful
l rest day - which would have been wonderful in the alchemist gites, I decided to walk - thinking the terrain was not to be so severe and the day was short - almost half of the day before.

Funny how I now think of a 11 mile walk as being a recovery day for an ankle with tendinitus.
The day was lovely and I took it slow - the first 4 km were a bit rough as I warmed up my legs and ankle, but as the day went on the pain became less, I just hope I am not aggravating the tendon.

The walk was lovely with very few hills and no really steep declines and on all declines I was very careful with my steps. I arrived at Aroue at a lovely farm gites - the family here has constructed a lovely modern gites for pilgrims with everything one could want or need at arms length, so there is no need to go anywhere, I get to just rest and relax the afternoon and evening.

This place, Gites Accueil A la Ferme Bohoteguia was amazing. The lady, Simone who runs the house prepared us a dinner beyond belief - true to french tradition - a salad plate with 4 kinds of salad, a dinner plate with veal, carrot souffle, salad, a grand cheese plate, amazing bana tore and brownie and all this after a wonderful appertif , kir  creme de casis and white wine. All of this including a private room and breakfast for 40 Euros, about $50....unbelievable!

I hope for more recovery tomorrow and the next, before I try and champion the mountain on Wednesday,

Bon Nuit!

No comments :