Sunday, June 19, 2016

Day 16: June 19: Lectoire >> Condom (21 km)

FEELING SAFE IN CONDOM    - LOL
SHORT CUT....           
TODAYS PICS

Today, dandelion, myself and Siggy took a shortcut, but following the road from Lectoire to Condom, turning a 34k walk into a 21k one.

It was an easy walk in some ways - all hilly, but no mud today. The hard part was that there were no stops or services for the first 15km, so we walked strong and steady for three hours - i normally like to break after two hours at most.

At 16 km we entered the first town along the route and recharged at the local cafe, before arriving in Condom - YES THAT IS CORRECT. I am not sure if it is related to the product or not - you google it. I did learn that NYLON is so named because it was a product created in part by Americans and the English, hence the name.

Most of today, Dandelion and I kept making bad jokes about entering Condom, etc. But this also helped the time go by faster.

We arrived in Condom, had a great lunch and then each booked a hotel room for the night! My room overlooks the VERY COLD pool.

My french is getting stronger and I am enjoying being here and speaking the language!

Bon nuit!




1 comment :

Anton said...

OMG! These are the Three Musketeers from the Russian film !!

https://www.kinopoisk.ru/film/dartanyan-i-tri-mushketera-1979-44076/