Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Day 11: June 14: Cahors >> Lascabanes (22km)

TODAYS PICS:

Our Gites washed our clothes yesterday and we had a touristy day in the city. I slept very well - think I am getting used toi this family style living - I think the multiple beers helped. With a steady misty rain, a fresh warm croissant and a nice cappucino in my belly, I began another trying day.

Today we left the city on an amazing bridge from th middle ages - incredibly beautiful, and immediately after climbed almost vertically about 200 m - which is about 600 feet - did I mention it was raining. Good thing I dont have vertigo. It was a long morning with no services, until I came across this charming Gites in the middle of nowhere and had a lovely second coffee and snacks - including fresh cherries off the tree next to me.

Walking on the day was long and had one more cafe stop, before a long 12 km walk with no stops and veryy muddy paths - my boots gained a few pounds in different sections. Tired and sore, the highlight of the day came in the Gites - very nice and well appointed with many self service options - food, laundry, beer, etc. And an afternoon spent making two new friends, Agnes who has spent her life working as a nurse around the world including some pretty dangerous places in Africa; and Damion a young french EMT. It was lovely to dialog with them in french and to laugh through a wonderful dinner together - another one of my loves of the way.

Tomorrow looks to be an even more challenging day as more rain is expected as the terrain is to be more difficult.

Bon Nuit!




No comments :