Monday, June 13, 2016

Day 9: June 12: Figeac >> Grealou (21km)

SO "THE WAY" IS JUST LIKE LIFE - SOME GOOD DAYS AND SOME NOT.

TODAYS PICS

The night in hotel was awesome - and the breakfast buffet SUPERB! I had the choice of everything as I rise early to the smell of warm croissants and have a hearty breakfast for me with fruit, juice, cappucino, some cheese and mueslix and I think this charged me for the day.

The walk was a little strneuous at times - and will be everyday as this route is through the mountains entirely, but mostly it was nice ridge paths with lovely views, and most importantly cafes along the way. A midday coffee does wonders for picking up one's energy.

I have often felt, that the intensity of the experience of walking these paths and the insights they provide, is not different than what is available in each of our lives - just here without the many distractions (TV, internet, job, etc) and choices and task we have to do that it allows a space to pay attention to what is going on inside of me. Here I have only a couple choices - walk or rest - walk or eat - when to stopp for day - it is a freedom from the world I live in that provides me the chance to look inside with greater intensity.

I took nice rests every couple of hours and came upon a cafe in the middle of nowhere, which had lovely salads, meals beers and coffees, but only had the coffee as I had miles to go. I lost my friend, Siggy today, as we stayed in different places, but as luck would have it, she arrived at the house I stopped to stay about 15 minutes after I arrived.


My energy stayed light and strong, allowing me to enjoy the day. I arrived at a small village, Graelou, my ending spot for the day and found a charming little Gites in an old house hundreds of years old, that is like something from Hansel & Gretel, looked ver by two ladies, who do seem a bit like witches - one good and one a little grumpy. They all speak German here - an oddity, which only adds to the mystery.


At dinner I was chastised by the BAD WITCH for touching the wine before I was given permission , and the "RULES" only one glass, all others must be paid for...LOL. The dinner was hearty and followed by a lovely dessert, but breakfast this morning is nothing but old bread, coffee and juice...but the hexes (witches) are gone....at least I think they are - I hope they have cast no spell.

ONLY LOVE IS REAL, EVERYTHING ELSE (NO MATTER WHAT FORM IT TAKES) IS A CRY FOR HELP. - ACIM

My heart and prayers to the US, Orlando and tout le monde!

Bon Nuit!


No comments :