Saturday, June 4, 2016

Day 1: June 4 St Alban >> Aumont LaBrac (15km)

I seem to forget that the first days of the pilgrimmage are always difficult, but today was a good day, yet still tough -- as I never train before even though I have good intentions.

I awoke early to take the bus to Aumont LaBrac to meet Siggy at end of day, but realized as we were driving that as it was so early, I could get dropped off at St Alban and walk today. This is the city we were supposed to meet in yesterday. The driver was very kind to change my route and an hour later at 8:30, I arrive in St Alban. I thought for sure, Siggy would be gone, but as soon as the bus pulled away, Ihear a voice, "Michael!"

Siggy had not left and we began walking immediately. It was a mostly lovely walk through forests and fiels with sun and cloudy skies, and just a bit of rain - which kicked in at the end. We only walked 15 km today (about 9 miles) so a good training start, but i am sore and tired and looking forward to bed as tomorrow we double the mileage (27km - 17 miles), as we head to Nasbinals.

So good to reconnect with my pilgrim friend from Italy - we met the night I stayed in the BATES MOTEL - another story for sure. We laughed our way through the day and now settling in for a beer and dinner...and excited to have wifi.

Bon Nuit! Bon Chemin!

No comments :